Frustrations

I haven't posted any general blogging in a while.  I've posted chronological events like our Iceland trip, and a few poems, but not just a "what's on my mind" sort of blog post.  The funny thing is, those are the kind that made up the majority of my blogging in the past.

Maybe it's a winter/cold weather doldrums thing.  I don't know.  I sit here and, while part of me wants to blog, I just end up staring at the screen.  I think ahead at what I want to blog and realize it's all whining, griping, or "woe is me" health (or lack thereof) coverage.  Given that realization I just move on and don't write.

Frustrations.

I'm frustrated at my attitude towards my Harley.  My heart is just not in it any longer.  Part of me wants to ride it, and part of me wants to sell it.  The trouble is, the Harley market is flat due to bad economy and lots of other sellers swamping the market.  Then I think, "Do I really want to sell it?"  Maybe not.  Given my fickle nature it's hard to tell.  If I do sell it I may be sorry.  Then again... Cash is always nice.  It would buy a few vacation trips or some new photography equipment.

Photography--another source of frustration.  My photography drives me nuts.  My 365 project ended last month, and now I have nothing forcing me to take pictures.  I'm glad it's gone, but I miss it.  Now I can take pictures of anything, any time, for any reason, but find myself not doing it.  Then when I do do it, I get frustrated with the outcome.  Part of me wants to upgrade my camera to a "new" (I'd buy it used) 50D, but part of me says, "What for?  You'll still take crappy pictures."  I sigh to myself.  I know without a doubt that Sue's camera does take better pictures than mine does.  I'm not talking about the art end of it--I'm talking about the camera itself.  Hers meters light and colors much better than mine does.  I have to "correct" almost every picture I take.  I have also found that I like to post pictures in blog format more than gallery format (which is what our Smugmug account is).  The blog format allows creativity on multiple levels that the galleries do not.  That's another issue:  When I take pictures, where do I post them?  Smugmug or blog?  I want to showcase them, but who am I showcasing them for?  Does anybody really look at them?

Frustrations.

You know what else frustrates me?  I've been itching for a good week or better now.  You ever had hives?  It's no laughing matter because you can't really do anything about it.  If nothing caused it (which it didn't) all I can do is wait for it to run its course.  You can't scratch because it makes you want to scratch even more.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day.  I got my car washed for the first time in probably half a year.  I also washed Sue's car.  So what do I hear as I sit here?  Rain.  We have had the most attitude-testing weather lately--It's driving everyone nuts.

Our economy is another source of frustration for me.  I'm not a smart man when it comes to investing.  I know it's a "buyer's market" out there right now, but I don't know what to do.  Sue wants me to invest her money for her, but I feel like I would lose it instead.

Frustrations.

2 comments:

Sue Z Q said...

I got an idea - let's go on a drive! Do something fun! Get AWAY for a while! How does that sound? You can take Friday off and we'll go on a road trip, that should help with the doldrums you're in, huh? HUH?

Anonymous said...

I look at your pics, moreso in your blog than on smugmug... there's not usually much commentary on the smugmug pics, I enjoy commentary.

Hope that helps!

Rach