No Wonder

Anyone that follows me here on this meaningless blog knows that I usually pick up a sixer of some kind of "special" beer every Friday.  I have been doing that for years.  Sure, I occasionally skip a Friday for whatever reason, but it's just something to signal the onset of the weekend I guess.  I dunno.

My requirements for my Friday selection are not high at all.  Actually there is only one real requirement: A glass bottle.  Because I drink plain ol' canned light beer most of the time (usually some sort of mass-produced fizzy crap from the Anheuser-Busch company) I like to remind myself that my taste buds do still in fact operate and I have not been using them.

One of my favorite brands of beer has been Pete's Wicked Ale. I don't know when I first discovered it.  They only had a few flavors in their brewery but I liked them all.  While sometimes I will buy some sort of brew that I haven't tried (or just don't remember it), I sometimes look forward to a particular variety of beer.  Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde has been the object of my quest for a while now, and with no success.  Now I know why.

They're gone.

As happens so often in today's corporate world, the brand is sold, the brand is monitored by the suits, the brand is deemed not performing to their satisfaction, and the brand is killed off.

I did some digging around on the web and found the story that explained it all.

No more Pete's Strawberry Blonde.  No more Pete's Wanderlust Cream Ale.  No more Pete's anything.

I hope you had a chance to taste one of them while they existed... They were truly unique.

1 comments:

Maggie Wood said...

Awwwww! Looks like there's no hope left in the world. Maggie