Back to the Tooth Doc

It's been a long time since I went to the dentist. I'll blame my insurance.  It couldn't be my fault.

See, the way my previous employer worked, the employee benefits were in a constant state of flux. Every year, without fail, the medical and dental benefits were reevaluated to see if a dollar or a nickel could be saved. I never knew, from year to year, what changes were in store for us the following year.

Case in point: I had finally found a dentist (that's him above) I really liked and he was reasonably close  here in the Covington area.  I think I was able to visit them twice before the end of the year came, and wouldn't you know it? My insurance changed and that dentist office was no longer on the 'approved' list. Sure, I could have gone in regardless but what I really needed was sure to be something spendy like a new crown or repair, and I wasn't about to do a crown unless it was maximum benefit so my outlay was minimum.

Now I'm at Boeing and I get to go back!  Good thing--I needed it.  The previous visit was a long time ago.

I came out of there last night with a pretty good overall score.  They could tell I had been flossing (for a change), and that's good.  While nothing has rotted on me, there is definitely some work to be done.  I guess I'm pretty much past getting cavities... Now my teeth just basically break, chip, crack, and other varieties of structural integrity failure.

That dentist is as good now as I remember them all being two years ago (or however long it's been), which is a very good thing.  Besides, doesn't that picture give you the warm fuzzies?  Don't you want to go to the dentist now too?

0 comments: