Here One Moment--Then <POOF>

I was in the shower one morning this week, getting ready for my workday. As I stood there a whole blog formulated itself in my mind. Under the nice, hot cascading water I stacked all the pieces of it in neat, orderly rows in my mind. The whole gist of the blog--the subject, the flow, the "bullet points" and everything seemed to be falling into place. It was probably the same phenomenon that causes people to sing in the shower. The "clearing of the mental cobwebs." I don't know. It had all the earmarks of a good, thoughtful blog post.

Then I got out of the shower.

By the time I got to a point in the day when I could put my thoughts down, there were no thoughts to put down. It was gone. I can't remember even what the subject was specifically. I know it was something about aging, but I can't really come up with anything more than that.

I wonder if it had to do with memory loss...?

0 comments: