Looking Forward

Well, I've been a lot more upbeat since my last blog post. 'Course, that's not saying much--My last blog post was pretty dark.

It seems that right after I made the last post I discovered that I was getting sick with a cold. Sue and I both wondered how much that may have played into the way I was feeling. I just ended up getting a minor cold and I'm almost back up to snuff already. What's weird is that since the actual physical symptoms have manifested themselves I've been in a pretty good frame of mind.

I spent a little time off and on working a little extra into my photography page of my website since this weekend. The casual observer wouldn't notice much of a change (if any) but I spent some time doing a little thing about my photography beginnings. It was kinda fun because I got to do some digging to find out what I could about my first digital camera back in the early 90's.

Sarah is in the throes of splitting hers and her boyfriends' lives up. Not for good, but they are going to different colleges, so it's going to be pretty weird for them. She will be in Tacoma at PLU and he is going to the other side of the state, to WSU at Pullman. She has expressed an interest in going on another hike with me and Suzie too--Most likely for photography reasons. She mentioned an interesting thing to us last week about doing a photography "project" where we go out and search and photograph things that look like the letters of the alphabet. You know--Things you see, like shapes, lines, outlines, etc. No fair using actual letters. We haven't decided on whether or not to do it yet because it would be more of a long-term thing. There's no way a person will be able to go out on one photo junket and find something to represent all 26 letters of the alphabet. I predict that it will not happen anytime soon anyway because she will be starting school soon and her time will be well filled with other things. Sue and I are interested in the idea though, and thanks to Sarah for planting the seed. Time will tell.

I'm sitting here all alone in our house, and I'll sleep here alone tonight for the first time. Suz and half of her family members went camping today, and the rest of us (some of us had less flexible work schedules) will go up tomorrow. She has been touting this place for a long, long time and she is very excited to be able to go back again. My enthusiasm is less than hers though because the history is with her and her family. They had the special times and the memories. They and Lily Lake have history. Now granted--I'm sure this will be a good camping place--But for me it will probably just be a good camping place. I have been trying to "mute" it a little in my mind when she starts telling me a good anecdote of one of their previous visits. I have kind a of a little "rule" I use for such things that are highly touted, and I'm sure I've mentioned it in at least one blog post somewhere in my past. I was referring to garage sales, but it applies to a lot of things. The rule? "The flashier the sign, or the more abundant the signs, the worse the sale is." I don't want to get my hopes up... I want to just be able to form my own opinions and things. I guess it's just my skeptical nature. All I know is that I am going with an open mind and fully intend to have a great time. I like camping and it's been a long time since I've been last. I truly hope I love the place as much as they all do!

0 comments: