Announcing: The New Blog

I'd like to announce my new blog: The Rix Pix 365 Photo Project.  Just what I needed--Another blog. (Sigh)

I don't know if this sort of thing is very new or not, but it's new to me.  It's recently come to my attention that there are quite a few people doing them.  What they are doing is taking a picture-a-day every day for a set amount of time--Usually a year.  They call them 365's, or 365 Projects, or 365-whatever.

Suzie recently joined up with a group of fellow Witnesses on Flickr that have the same focus, and their collective is called 365 Friends.  I have been helping her with interest as she wonders what to take a picture of each day, sometimes driving us somewhere specific to "see if it works" or not.  Sometimes it's almost bedtime and she utters a "Oh shoot, I don't have my picture-of-the-day yet."  Because of the way we are (photo geeks) there is almost always several pictures of something or another to draw from that were taken that day.  If not, out comes the camera and creativity takes over.

Well, I like blogging and I've done it for a while, so when the interest in doing a similar thing hit me (Call it copycat--Call it jealousy--I don't care) I immediately thought of hosting one within the Blogger website realm.  After all, Blogger is free, allows unlimited pictures, and full creativity.

You can find people's 365 sites anywhere.  Besides something basic like doing a web search of 365, you can search any photography site like Smugmug (our main pictures site), Flickr, or anything similar and you will find a plethora of hits.  Some are yawners, and some are eye-popping.

Some people that do 365's have rules and adhere to them, and some folks have an "anything goes" policy.  For example, some folks might not use any post-processing (cropping, brightening, etc), or might not allow this or that "type" of picture to me used.  I only have one rule:  The picture has to be taken that day.  Will I be able to stick to it?  I dunno.  Problems with that rule tend to arise when we might go somewhere on an awesome photo shoot and each of us takes a couple of hundred pictures.  Which one to use?  Inside you're screaming, "But I want to use more than just that one!"  Too bad--Post the rest on the regular pictures site.

My new site will be a photographic roller-coaster ride.  Some days will be boring and some days not.  Some days will be something moving and some days a still shot.  Some days might be a close-up macro, and others might be a far-off scenery shot.  You just never know.  Come to think of it--I don't either.  That's the fun and exciting aspect of it--I don't have 365 ideas tucked in my little pointy head.

So point your daily web visits to my new blog and follow along.  Don't forget to leave comments if you like or dislike.  I like reading them!

1 comments:

Sue Z Q said...

Big, fat, jealous copycat!