Arrival!

The new neighbors have arrived.  Mark, Rachel, Celeste, Rebekah, and Markie are all here, freshly transplanted from Mormontown.

Hats off to Suzie.  She did a huge amount of work to insure that their new home would be inhabitable upon their arrival.  She worked long and hard at it.  If only we had before and after pictures!

At one point, I took off for Fred Meyer to buy a couple things we needed, like a shower head and a couple extra door keys.  I was a few miles away and close to the main drag in Covington when I saw a big, yellow Penske truck coming toward me.  Yep, sure enough it had their maroon car on a trailer behind it, and right behind that was their minivan pulling Mark's prized baby blue VW Beetle project car.  I grabbed my phone and called in the alarm to Suzie and the other "troops" that were working on their place.  "Battle stations!"  Okay, it wasn't that dramatic, but you get the idea.  It was kind of odd that I saw them.  As Suzie said later, "You went a different way to Fred Meyer than you usually do, and they took a different exit than they did last time they were here.  What are the odds?"

Here's a couple shots of the bunch:


And here's a couple of my favorite individual pictures:


Welcome to the neighborhood!

0 comments: