The New Blog!!

I like to switch things around every now and then. It's part of my fickle nature I guess. One day recently I looked at my blog and decided instantly that I was tired of it. Suddenly it just looked like I had been staring at it my whole life. It looked boring to me. I decided that it was time to browse the web to see what kind of new "themes" were available.

There were lots of them!

Although there were many to choose from, there was something I didn't like about every one of them. Suz was laughing.
"What's wrong with that one?" she'd ask.
"Not wide enough."
"How 'bout that one?" she asked.
"Well, it's okay except for this thing here," I said, pointing.
And so it went, over and over.

It became apparent to me that if I ever could decide on a theme I'd have to customize it the best I could to my liking. I don't mind that at all, because one of the things I've always liked about computer-related stuff is customizing it. Trouble is, these themes were not all that easy to customize. They were all controlled by "behind the scenes" control sheets. All the colors, fonts, placements, etc were controlled by little cryptic commands. Even though there was something about the graphics I didn't like about each of them, changing page graphics would just be too much all at once, so I decided to concentrate on the text and layout end of things.

It also occurred to me that back when I changed the header of my blog I should have done it differently. The way I did it then was a template change. If you recall, I made a change to the header graphic on the blog, which means it changed the complete blog--Every post all the way back to the beginning. Here's what I changed on the old blog that day:


Instead of doing that I should have just created a NEW blog. So that's exactly what I did this time.

What I did: Like I said, I created a NEW blog, which means a new URL. Yes, that also means you have to change your bookmarks if you follow my blog. If you forget, fear not, because links to each others' blog are in the links section over on the right side of this page.

Remember the post I made that day after Suzie and I were married? That is now the first post of this new blog. Basically, I moved all the posts from that point onward over to this blog. The old blog stops at that point.

Yeah, I know it's confusing. How do you think I feel--I'm the one that had to make it all work!

I hope you find it a refreshing change.

0 comments: