Rix Life: The NEW Part!

So much for Rix Life: Part V.

That is a past, old-news, short-lived chapter in my life. Actually, it was the shortest of the parts or chapters that have made up my life. Yes, as of yesterday afternoon, I am now a married man, and it's a good feeling!

To recap the parts that make up Rix Life:

Part I - Childhood (18 years worth)
Part II - The Military Years (6 years worth)
Part III - The Solo Years (7 years worth)
Part IV - The First Marriage Years (19 of them)
Part V - The Divorced Years (almost 3 years)
Part VI - The New Marriage Years

We had a great wedding. We got lucky and the weather held out, there were lots of great costumes, lots of great food, and lots of drink. Our 4pm wedding ended up stretching into the wee hours where we ended up sitting around the fire pit in her back yard until about 2am. Last night was the first time I ever stayed overnight at Suzie's house, and it didn't feel weird at all.

What is weird is the fact that we are back in our respective houses tonight. We both need sleep so bad, all of my stuff is still here, and well... We're just not ready for me to be there full time yet. I should say that most people would find it weird. It feels totally fine to us.

It's pretty cool though--Being married again. As much as I probably would have been fine staying single the rest of my life, we are a great fit. Our interests and personalities mesh well together.

Maybe I should put a rhyme to the tune of "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" by Billy Joel and call it "Say Goodbye to Bachelorhood"

Rix Life: Part VI... Here to stay!

2 comments:

Sue Z Q said...

Well that was sure a cute, upbeat blog! Thanks babe! (yes, I said cute)

Anonymous said...

Rick,
Congratulations. I am very happy for you and wish you the best. Keep in touch my friend.