Commending Suzie

I have to say that this is the strangest marriage I've ever heard of...

How many people have you ever heard of that experienced something similar to the following? You go visit your wife. You might eat dinner, you might go out for something to eat or drink, you catch up on the day's events, and then:
"Well, I guess I'll go home now."

Isn't that weird? Duh, of course it's weird! Well, that's about to finally come to an end. I expect to be out of my palace on Sunday, and will awake lost and disoriented in my new home on Monday morning. I will wake up with my wife next to me like I'm supposed to.

She has been doing a fantastic job of making room for me. Every day that I have taken a truck load (sometimes more than one) of my stuff over there, I return the following day and find that she has absorbed it all into her home. Don't get me wrong--It's there and you can see it, but it seems like when I drop off stuff and it fills the empty spaces to 90% capacity, I return the following day and it only looks like 10%. She is really making it happen.

In other news, I have to mention the two celebrity deaths that occurred yesterday. Suzie and I talked about it last night a little bit and both agreed: Although it's too bad that Micheal Jackson died, I think it's very unfortunate that the death of Farrah Fawcett had to take a back seat to the oddball king of pop. She suffered and clung to life for a long time before succumbing to her cancer. He, on the other hand, basically "winked out". Sure, they're both deaths and deaths are sad, but come on--Give her some respect and acknowledge her life. Don't make the amount of respect someone gets totally conditional on timing.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.

0 comments: